A Building sign can be complicated! An effective sign is one that attracts customers and represents your brand in the best way possible. However, a building sign is a big investment. You don’t want to mess a step up because it could cost you thousands of dollars. Here’s some tips we have learned from our experience in sign design, manufacturing, and installation:
- Get the design right – When it comes to signage, sometimes you must work with a smaller area than what you were originally hoping for. Usually, these are under circumstances that are uncontrollable. Before you get too frustrated with the constraints, know that there are ways to get around these problems. With a little creativity and flexibility, even a small sign can be very visible from a distance! Keep the design simple with bold, block letters and contrasting colors. Intricate logos with fancy script lettering and beautifully shaded shapes or photographic elements look awesome on a website or business card. However, for an outdoor building sign that needs to, first and foremost, tell your customers who you are and what you do, a complicated logo might not be effective. But, don’t think you have to scrap your logo entirely! Even established corporations modify their logos for certain medias to increase visibility.
- Use contrasting colors – This is one of the things that can make or break a building sign. It doesn’t matter how large the letters are, if the colors of your sign do not contrast with each other, then you will not have an effective sign. The best color combination is white text on a black background. But, that doesn’t mean that a sign should be black and white. Just stick to the main idea of having lighter-colored letters on a darker-colored background. The same goes for reversing this scheme, you can have an effective sign with darker letters on a light background. Just make sure the colors are contrasting enough so that you can read them from far away or traveling at high speeds.
- Obtain approval from the city – Large structural buildings take a lot of time and planning. For construction to go as smoothly as possible, it’s important that you work within certain building codes and permitting procedures. These can be frustrating, but it’s important to be respectful of the local government and to uphold safety standards. Some city sign codes prohibit certain types of signs or have strict size requirements. Working with a knowledgeable and trusted sign company ensures that the permitting process will go as smooth as possible. How do you find one of those? Well, you’re reading a blog from one of the best in the business!
- Make sure the installation is done right – Building signs are often quite large and complex. When you have illuminated channel letters, for example, there are many parts that must be handled in a special way. You might be surprised to find out how many issues arise when you try to save some money and install your sign by yourself. The liability of having a sign improperly installed is daunting. Again, working with a company that has experienced installers ensures that your building signs will be installed correctly and will last for years.
- Take care of your sign – A building sign is like an employee that works for you all the time. From the sweltering hot Summer days to the freezing cold Winter nights, it is telling your customers about your business! Obviously, a building sign is not a human being. But, pay attention to the maintenance that your building sign needs. Illuminated signs like channel letters and cabinet signs will need bulbs changed from time to time. Trim overgrown foliage around your sign to ensure that nothing impedes your message. If something breaks or is aging too much, get it replaced as soon as possible. Keep up on appearances, because some customers will relate how your building looks to how you conduct business.
Baessler Homes is an established and successful property developer located in Greeley, Colorado. They have been building high-quality homes in the Northern Colorado area since 1968. Building a house or any large permanent structure is an important job that needs to be taken very seriously and these guys are one of the best! Baessler Homes contacted us to print some of their homebuilder signs not too long ago. Our flatbed printer was perfect for these flat and simple signs that also needed to be completed quickly as well as in high quantities.
The order process is easy! We receive files through email or a file sharing site that allows large files to be sent to us, and our team of designers ensure that the design is correct by sending a design proof that specifies all the important information. Once the design is final, the files are sent to the flatbed printer! This machine is extremely useful. If we were to print the designs on digitally printable vinyl (like vehicle wraps), we would also have to laminate them and then lay the vinyl on the panel. There’s more steps than that, but with the flatbed printer we’re able to cut the sign panel down to size, and hit “print”, and that’s it! For local companies like Baessler Homes, we offer delivery as well.
Rigid signs can come in a variety of materials because sometimes you need a sign to be temporary, but still be able to withstand the elements. Metal signs usually come in aluminum so that they’re not too heavy. Corrugated plastic signs are made from coroplast and are easy to carry for easy transportation. Sometimes vinyl banners are the best signage choice for builders because they’re easily attached to perimeter fencing. To allow for airflow, mesh banners are the best choice for fence banner signage. If you’re ready to place your order for homebuilder signs, give us a call or fill out this form and get your signs ordered today!
Whatever industry you might work in, there’s always a big event at least once a year intended to draw in new clients or to show off new technology. Trade shows, conventions and expos are important opportunities to showcase your brand or business. There’s so many new and exciting ways to effectively present your business at a trade show and the bigger, the better your booth is, the more foot-traffic your booth will generate. Investing in a high-quality convention display guarantees new leads and helps your business stand out in a room full of competitors.
Effective trade show booths can consist of retractable banner stands. Banner stands come in many sizes from table-top (about 15” tall) size to almost 10 feet tall! If you want foot traffic to have room to walk around and interact with your display, then a modular exhibit is a great option to explore. Modular trade show displays are comprised of many parts and can be compact or huge. The great thing about these modular exhibits and banner stands is that they’re completely portable! Ensuring easy assembly and smooth break-down is an important aspect of trade show displays.
With the plethora of options in exhibit displays, how do you decide what option is best for your business? Having a trusted partner who can make the process easy is important. That’s where we come in! Connecting Signs can handle every aspect of the process. From design to manufacturing to logistics, we’ve got your connections for your trade show booths. Our client’s absolute satisfaction in our services is our number one goal. Give us a call or click here to request a quote to get started!
Brushed Metal Door Wrap Tuft Construction & Development is in Denver, Colorado. The company provides preconstruction, construction management, general contracting, and design services to ground-up residential and commercial projects. Visit their website and as you browse through pictures of their projects, you will be impressed with their creativity and “out-of-the-box” thinking.
Recycling Sign Scraps One of the first things we noticed about the sign industry when we opened Connecting Signs five years ago was all the scraps and waste from making signs and how to start recycling sign scraps. The trash cans were full and emptied out every day – sometimes twice a day!
Fort Collins, CO is home to Colorado State University. The current enrollment for the 2017 fall semester is approximately 37,000 students and keeps increasing every year! Improvements and additions to the campus are constantly being done and Fort Collins is a great town to live for young people making this a very popular place to […]