There are many ways and opportunities to get your business noticed: Good signage, vehicle wraps, trade shows, networking, social media, and a good website. Another way to market your business is by being a sponsor.
When you choose to sponsor an athlete, sports team, or a sporting event your brand is seen by people of many backgrounds which casts a huge net of impressions that can potentially turn into new business. You’ll also get the chance to network and connect with fellow sponsors.
What is a sponsorship and how does it work?
Sponsorship involves a business relationship between two parties, where one party (sponsor) provides support in the form of funding, resources, or services to the other party (beneficiary). The beneficiary, in return, allows access to the sponsor for rights and associations for commercial advantage.
Sponsorship marketing is a low-cost but high-potential approach and has many benefits and opportunities for both large corporations and small businesses.
It can help to increase your revenue, reach more customers, grow your brand, or just get some positive PR. Whether you sponsor an event, a team, a charity, or something else, you should add it to your marketing budget.
Types of Sponsorship:
- Sports teams and tournaments
- Non-profit organizations
- Increased brand/logo awareness
- Good customer relationships and trust
- Growing your business social media following
- Appearing on an organization’s website or other social media
- Attendance at sponsor’s events (networking and exposure)
- Media coverage
- Generate leads and revenue
- Build business relationships
How to do a sponsorship
- Donating money at different levels
- Donating signage (banners, yard signs)
- Donating to an event (brochures, decorating items, food, beverages, and swag for event bags)
- Donating apparel (t-shirts, hats)
Large companies like Adidas and Nike can sponsor thousands of athletes and teams. Red Bull wasn’t a very popular energy drink until they started giving away the drink at big events. A small business can sponsor one or more organizations depending on their budget and time. Start out with one and add more as you get more experience.
Signage Solutions for Sponsorships
When you decide to become a sponsor to increase your company’s marketing and advertising reach, give us a call for advice and signage. We are the signage partner for several organizations and know very well the kind of signage that is needed:
- Banners – Cost effective & easy to put up/take down
- Coroplast signs and stakes – Also called yard signs
- Flags – Light-weight & versatile
- Tradeshow Displays – Many types of signage like bow/feather flags, table throws, step-and-repeat banners, retractable banners, table-top displays, and much more
Whether your business is large or small, having your logo and business name seen at events with lots of people is valuable. It’s also a fun and exciting marketing addition because of the perks that come with sponsorships. Request a quote to get started on your sponsorship signage solutions today!