The American Marketing Association (AMA) defines a brand as a “name, term, sign, symbol or design, or a combination of them intended to identify the goods and services of one seller or group of sellers and to differentiate them from those of other sellers.
Sadly we all aren’t Red Bull or any of these common brands where you know exactly who they are, what they provide and what they promise as soon as you see them. Color is very important in branding. The color used by these well know businesses is awesome! They convey their message without many words.
People see color before they absorb anything else.
- Red is a good color that communicates power.
- Brown symbolizes dependability and solidity.
- Orange is a color of adventure which inspires and creates enthusiasm. It is optimistic and sociable and suggests affordability.
- Yellow is an illuminating and uplifting color which stimulates our analytical processes and assists with mental clarity.
- Green is associated with nature, health and healing. It balances the emotions and inspires compassion.
- Blue is the safest color to use in most applications, implying honesty, trust and dependability and it is the most commonly used color in corporate identity.
This figure really helps to understand the concepts of a good brand.
- Identify – Become memorable. Come up with a creative slogan and logo
- Attributes – Easy to pronounce, short and easy to remember, description of your product, consistent with the image of your product
- Vision – Clarity, consistency and constancy. Communicate naturally and understandable to others and do it all the time. Be authentic and straightforward – BE YOURSELF
- Value – How can you continually add value to other people’s lives? Your brand is only as valued as you are appreciated by your customers
- Trust – Responsibility for taking good care of your customers
Nearly every business uses their vehicle for business purposes. Some more than others like trash pick-up, deliveries, cleaning services, etc. These types of businesses must have good vehicle branding. For all the reasons just mentioned and just for sake of identifying yourself in a neighborhood where someone might wonder who you are.
Vehicle graphics includes your message of what you do and who you are and goes with you everywhere. Getting all the concepts of branding on your vehicle is not an easy task. Connecting Signs can help because we are thinking about it all the time – right placement, color, size, too much info, not enough info and much more.