Illuminated Cabinet Signs

Oct 27, 2015 | Backlit Cabinet Sign, Exterior Signs

There are many ways to promote your business with outdoor signs: banners, dimensional lettering, window and door vinyl, monument signs and cabinet signs.  Deciding on what kind of outdoor sign is right for you really depends on the type of business you have.  Do you have a store front business with busy traffic, do you need to be seen from a highway or far away, do you need to be seen in both directions on a busy road, and do you need to be seen at night?  If you answer yes to these questions, you probably need an illuminated cabinet sign.  There are many benefits to this type of sign because of the different types of illuminated cabinet signs.

The cabinet, sometimes called a light box, is made of strong, durable aluminum.  They have a sign face that is removable for easy changes to the sign.  The sign face can be on both sides of the cabinet and is made of polycarbonate, acrylic or flex face.

Polycarbonate (PC) is similar to acrylic, however is stronger and usable over a greater temperature range. Clear polycarbonate is highly transparent to visible light, with better light transmission than many kinds of glass.

Acrylic is a type of plastic characterized by clarity, both transparent and opaque color ranges. Acrylic is a term generically used in the sign industry to describe all plastics.

Flex Face backlit material is used for adding vibrant graphics to lighted sign cabinets, it serves as a sign cabinet cover. The material covers the face of your sign, allowing the print to illuminate. It is a durable print that will last, but is also very easy to update and change as needed. It’s cost efficient and offers great flexibility for your outdoor signage needs. Flex Face Proper is printed on both sides of the material providing vibrant color day and night.

An illuminated or backlit cabinet consists of a light source like LED (Light Emitting Diode) that can be seen from a long distance through a translucent sign face.

Finally, the cabinet sign can be displayed in 4 different ways – pylon, wall mounted, monument or on tenant panels.

Pylon: Generally refers to all large, free standing signs.  Can be single or double sided.  Standing tall allows this type of sign to be seen from large distances.

Wall Mounted:  Mounts to the front of a building.  Single sided, illuminated and sits as high as possible on the building to be seen on a busy road or large parking lots in shopping malls.

Tenant Panels:  Tenant panel signs are used to identify shopping centers, business parks or any area having more than one business.  Tenant panels can be illuminated allowing for day and night viewing. Your tenant panels let the public know what your center has to offer in services and or retail sales. The overall sign should reflect your developments image with style while making a statement.

Monument signs are usually used in residential or commercial developments and work nicely when placed near a busy road.  Double sided and illuminated options make this a great type of cabinet sign.

If this sounds like the type of signage for your new business or an existing business that needs an upgraded sign or if you just need to change your message in an existing cabinet sign, give Connecting Signs a call 970-493-0133.  Our team can design, print and install illuminated cabinet signs or answer any questions about all the different options!

Pin It on Pinterest