We recently partnered with another sign company for a job at a new fast-food restaurant. The sign company made the signs in another state and contacted us to install them because the job was located near our business. For large exterior signs like illuminated channel letters, cabinet signs, monument signs, dimensional letters, large-format graphics, and event signs we depend on the help of our bucket truck. It can lift our installer up to 38’ and has two main functions – helping with big installs and advertising for us!
Fast-food chain restaurants require certain signage per corporate branding specifications. There are many advantages of high-quality exterior signage:
- Effective advertising from road
- Directing traffic to the drive-thru, entrance, and exits
- Nighttime advertising
- Strengthens branding
- Promote sales, specials, grand openings, and hiring information
Popular Chain Restaurant Signage Types:
- Exterior illuminated building signs with the business name, logo, and types of service.
- Directional Signs for drive-up service
- Branded awnings
- Additional exterior lighting
- Interior signs – menus, wall vinyl, posters, electronic menu board, and small dimensional letters and logos
Here are some important issues to pay attention to regarding effective permanent exterior signage. As a chain restaurant owner, you get a format or system developed by the company (corporate), the right to use the franchisor’s name and you must stick to their brand. They provide you with all the useful tools needed to open the store and their established and recognizable branding draws customers in.
Major issues to pay attention to regarding signage:
- Good communication with sign company producing the signs (schedules, types, quantities, etc.)
- Good communication with a local sign company installing (schedules, knowledge, and experience)
- Good location
- Outdoor building signs are informative, easy to read and see from all directions
- Illuminated well for a business open late with bright colors
If starting a franchise is in your plans, don’t forget about the importance of the signs. Good signage will help your restaurant to stand out among the sea of competition. Signs work all day (and night), every day, no matter the weather. Getting started is simple when you work with an experienced professional. Get a quote started today on your exterior signs, interior signs, and any other graphics your business may need.