Best Type of Sign for a Storefront Business
If you could pick the best type of sign for your storefront business, what would it be? One of the most popular, important, and useful signs for so many businesses is an illuminated sign. Businesses that have a storefront use an entryway located on the street level and signs on the building or on a window are used to get noticed and to attract customers. It’s like an invitation that says, “come in”, “we’re open”, and we are excited you are here. Whether you are a grocery, specialty, or restaurant you will need a well-lit sign especially for after hours.
Which illuminated sign is right for your location during the day or night?
- Lightbox or cabinet signs – The lights (fluorescent or LED) are inside the structure and shine through a clear, see-through panel. The business name and logo are printed on the panel.
- Channel or dimensional letters – Front-lit channel letters use lights to illuminate the translucent face of the acrylic letters or graphics. The letters use LED lighting.
- Backlit, reverse-lit, or halo-lit channel letters – All three descriptions are the same type of sign and is a very classy, modern look. Every single letter or graphic has an illuminated background. Halo-lit signs create a glow around the lettering and graphics. LED lights are arranged so that the light shines from the back.
More information regarding popular mounting methods:
- Raceway Mount – A metal box that houses all the electrical wiring and power supply for the individual letters. This reduces the amount of drilling into the building. The raceway is painted to match the building.
- Direct Mount – Letters are attached directly to the building with non-corrosive fasteners. Reverse channel letters are attached to the building using standoffs. Direct mounting power source and wiring are stored behind the wall.
- Backer Mount – Similar to the raceway, but instead of a metal box, the letters are attached to a metal cabinet or panel. The wiring can be stored inside the cabinet or behind the wall. The cabinet is larger than the lettering and logo design.
Getting Your Storefront Sign Made
The biggest hurdle to get over in the process of getting your storefront sign made is to have good artwork. Vector art
is necessary to produce most large-format signs, so the logo you use on your website will not work! The next step in the process is teaming up with a trusted sign company to handle the artwork drawings, manufacturing, and installation. If your business is new and will be using illuminated signage or your current lit sign is needing a new look, contact us! We have experience with designing the different types and our installation crew is experienced in installing the different methods. GET NOTICED, DAY AND NIGHT!