Make a professional and long-lasting statement with a custom monument sign! What is a monument sign? A monument sign is an outdoor, long-term sign that is usually placed at an entrance of a development, community, business, or public area. A monument sign not only informs the public of your brand and business name, but also solidifies your brand image. Read more about tips for success on monument signs here.
Best Materials for Monument Signs
Wood, brick, stone masonry, concrete, natural rock, metal, and high-density foam are all great options for the structural part of a monument sign. From there, try to mix up the materials and use contrasting colors and textures for the sign text. This ensures that the text on your monument sign will be highly visible and readable to traffic.
Illuminated Monument Signs
When you’re thinking about getting a monument sign, it’s important to consider how the sign will look in the day and at night. Spotlights are perfect for illuminating a monument sign that does not have any internal electrical components. However, the most effective way to ensure optimal nighttime visibility is with LED lights. Back-lit or front-lit channel letters look great on a monument sign in the day and at night.
Electronic Message Centers (EMCs)
For an even more effective way to reach your customers consider featuring an electronic message center (EMC) on your monument sign. An EMC is a programmable electronic sign that can store and display text messages and images. They can be monochrome to display simple messages or full color to really impress your audience! Most modern message centers are fabricated with LED lights so you can be assured that your message shines at night and in any type of weather.
Multi-tenant Monument Signs
One of the cool things about monument signs is the many uses they can provide for your business. If you rent out retail space to different businesses and need your monument sign to inform the public of your multiple tenants, then consider having changeable tenant panels on your monument sign.
Need Signs for Your Business?
Rain for Rent is a leading provider of temporary liquid handling solutions. It is family owned and operated since 1934; serving all 50 states, Canada, the UK and Europe. Read more about this company here. Connecting Signs has been working with this business for a little over a year and have done some work locally (northern Colorado) and nationally. We have provided everything from vehicle decals to dimensional signage for the company.
Explore the photos and descriptions of the different storefront signs for this fast, expanding company!
Greeley, Colorado signs:
- Fleet truck graphics
- Aluminum sign fence panels
Stockton, California storefront signs:
- Pylon storefront sign face
- Replaced old dimensional logo sign
- Added new sign panel
- Replaced round illuminated logo sign cabinet
Charlotte, North Carolina storefront signs:
- Monument Sign (flush face)
Connecting Signs is proud to partner with Rain for Rent for all their storefront sign needs here locally and across the country! How do we do make a sign for their out of state locations? We partner with excellent sign companies and installers that we trust and depend on to get the job done to our expectations which meets our customer’s expectation! Our contact at the North Carolina location was thrilled at how quick and easy the job went – especially since we are over a thousand miles from the job site!
Your Monument Sign is a Part of Your Brand
Signage is the one of the first ways that a business can “introduce” itself to the public and first impressions are very important! There are endless choices to make when it comes to deciding what the signs should look like and where they’re located. One type of commercial signage that makes a big impact is monument signs. Monument signs are intended to be long-lasting and complimentary of existing architecture. Sometimes an architect will plan out the monument sign design while they’re creating the building plan to keep everything consistent within the aesthetic of the architecture.
Monument Signs Inform, Direct, and Impress
Monument signs generally identify a business, development, or property. These signs are purely functional, but there’s lots of interesting features to add to a monument sign to help it stand out better among competition as well as to provide optimal visibility at night. Illuminated channel letters and dimensional logos ensure that your brand will be seen at night while cars drive by. Another interesting feature available for monument signs is an electric message center to communicate daily specials or show the local weather temperature. Monument signs are usually intended to be permanent structures, so they’re constructed from high-quality materials such as stone, concrete, high-density foam, or metal.
When illuminated at night, they’re like a 24/7/365 sales person who is working around the clock.
There are many distinguishing benefits to utilizing a monument sign for a business. Monument signs are highly visible to commuters and foot traffic. When illuminated at night, they’re like a 24/7/365 sales person who is working around the clock. Monuments signs can also be made to feature more than one business when used for a business park that might have multiple tenants. When a monument sign is constructed with high-quality materials, it communicates to customers that this business is established and here to stay.
One tip for getting a monument sign project started would be to start the process early. A monument sign can take a long time to come to fruition. There’s lots of steps to follow and local ordinance rules to comply to as well. Once you have a monument sign installed, take advantage of it! Take pictures or selfies with the monument sign in the background and share them on social media and encourage customers to do the same. Keep your monument sign clean and well-maintained and you can look forward to years of useful advertising!
Monument signs are great for extra visibility if your business is hard to see from the road. You might not realize how many monument signs you see on a daily basis, but they are everywhere! Business parks and shopping centers use monument signs with built in removable panels to provide signage for the various businesses located within the building. Monument signs are perfect for school campuses, churches, small businesses and neighborhoods.
Since these signs are free-standing and permanent, they are manufactured with sturdy and long-lasting materials. Dimensional letters are normally installed on monument signs but sometimes letters are engraved into the face of the sign. LED message centers are usually integrated within monument signs as well. Message centers are a great way to communicate specials or event announcements directly to the public. As great as these signs are, they require specific and detailed planning. Permits, proofs, mockups and zoning are usually necessary in the process.
Here is a recent monument sign we manufactured for a local business in Windsor, Colorado. This sign already had a concrete foundation and a nice face. The previous business had its logo engraved directly to the panels, so to achieve the design we sanded down the sides and repainted the face. Exterior-grade acrylic letters were then installed on the sign. Spotlights on the ground help light the sign for high-visibility at night.
Choosing Connecting Signs to help create a monument sign for your organization or business ensures that you will be helped through the whole process. There are many materials, colors, finishes, and designs to choose from. We can also guide you through the legal limitations of outdoor signage to ensure that your sign is acceptable within your city or county. Give us a call or request a quote and one of our sign specialists will contact you to get the process started!
A sign’s job is simple. It tells customers or the general public who you are, what you do, where you are, and how to contact you. A sign is functional and completely necessary in terms of establishing an identity or brand. A sign’s job is never-ending. Workers clock out at 5, but a sign works 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Since a sign is so important, might as well make it attractive and easy to read. And while you will want your sign to stand out and be original, you don’t want to stand out for the wrong reasons. Here are the top 5 sign design mistakes you should avoid.
- Do not use a business card design as your sign. Signs need to be direct in the information that they are providing. Using a business card layout for a sign usually crowds the sign and makes it hard to read. When you are driving by businesses at 45 MPH you don’t have time to read their tagline and mission statement. You’re looking for a service and a logo/name. Keep it simple.
- Do not use a refurbished piece of plywood or metal as your sign. Even if you paint and re-finish the piece of plywood, that finish will not last long. Within a year you could find yourself in deep trouble with the upkeep of that sign. Having a permanent sign made out of the right materials will cost more, but is an imperative investment if you want to be taken seriously.
- Do not use a banner as a permanent sign. While a vinyl banner is inexpensive and works well for advertising specials or temporary information, you shouldn’t use it as your permanent sign. If you, as a business owner, want your business to be taken seriously you need to look into investing in a permanent, sturdy sign.
- Do not use light colors on a white background or dark colors on a black background. These designs may look great close-up, but step back and imagine moving past your design in a moving vehicle. The chart at the end of this article is good to use for picking color combinations.
- Keep the whole design of the sign SIMPLE, the design of your sign relays an instant, functional message to the viewer. A graphic design professional that is trained in advertising and effective sign design will get the proper message displayed.
- As budgets allow, show your potential customers how serious you are in your business – Lighted channel letters, an architectural monument sign, exterior dimensional letters mounted to your building – these are all types of signage that show everyone, including your competition, that you are in the business for keeps! Potential customers see the business as a stable and trustworthy establishment that they want to do business with.
Connecting Signs is your trusted partner in Northern Colorado for all signage needs. We specialize in large format printing, vehicle graphics, interior directional sign panels, ADA signs, lobby signs, banners, monument signs, and dimensional letters.
Contact us and we’ll be your trusted partner to get your business the attention it deserves. We truly believe that the only way for us to be successful, is if your business is successful!
New business owners may not think of signs right away, however getting an effective and attractive sign in place will show everyone that your serious about your business and it’s success. Even if your business is new to the area or maybe it’s something that you are starting from scratch, having quality signage will get the word out faster than any other advertising means. According to ChamberofCommerce.com, customers are more likely to purchase from a business they have already heard of, so a sign can help plant the seed for future sales.
Some of the primary reasons for business signs in northern Colorado:
- Signs are less expensive, yet more effective than other forms of advertising.
- Your exterior building sign provides the initial handshake to those passing by. It’s your initial introduction to your potential clients.
- You signs are the only thing in your business that will work harder and longer than any employee you could hire – they will be on the job for you, advertising 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- How your sign looks and the quality of it will be judged by everyone that sees it. Keep that in mind when choosing a business sign company in Northern Colorado.
- Many merchants increase their business measurably just by adding a good sign. Conversely, many have gone out of business because they simply were not identified well, so not enough potential customers knew of their existence. As one sign industry professional put it, “”A business without a sign is a sign of no business.””
- We live in a mobile society. According to the United States Census Bureau, 18% of households relocate each year. As your customers move, you need to replace them by attracting new customers
- Never forget to take advantage of vehicle graphics in Fort Collins and northern Colorado. Getting your message “on the road” will increase the impressions of your brand by exponential factor.
Make sure your business signs are the first “employee” you hire – they will be your silent salesperson for your business, always working!
Please give us a call or email today – our number one mission is to make your business successful through top quality, professional looking business signs.
Dimensional Letter Signs
Dimensional letter signs can add a new element in your quest to attract new customers, and setting your business apart from the competition. A variety of materials can be used to create a 3-D effect to your signage lettering, inluding Metal, Plastic, Wood, Foam, and more. Dimensional letters will get noticed, and are in most cases make more effective signage than a standard flat sign panel.
Let’s take a look at some applications that can benefit from using dimensional lettering in their signage, and why.
There are a variety of construction materials and architectural styles in the buildings in this part of Colorado. You’ll find historic buildings next to brand new structures, old brick next to shiny new glass. Creating a building sign of complimenting materials and dimensional lettering can really add to the attractiveness of the structure. This can make it more inviting to enter, easier to rent space for, and create an overall polished impression. Choosing the right combination of materials, font and colors is critical, and one of the reasons to work with an experience sign company.
Sign letters that are three dimensional can convey a look and feel of strength, longevity and power. It is one of the reasons that dimensional letters are so popular for corporate signs. They can convey a message that can been viewed as institutional, contemporary, forward thinking, and unique. Let us know what you want to say without words, and we will help you get it across.
In many cases, your lobby or reception area signs are your first impression. This is not an area for inexpensive plastic signs. Three dimensional lettering can add the right touch of pinache’. Using cursive or italic can help convey a message of sophistication and professionalism. Sign letters that are 3-D, created in the right font, can actually communicate warmth, and a welcoming effect.
Monument signs are perhaps the ultimate in multi-dimensional signage. You’ll see them used at the entrances to gated communities around Ft. Collins, as “welcome to” signs for towns, and as corporate signs. If you want to convey a message of strength, safety, quality, and importance, well thought out monument signs may just be your best option.